Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, February 25, 2011

Bye Bye Baby

Gabriel Viggo Cayetano Leano
9 months
There's my little baby, proving that he's not a baby anymore. Gabe is so determined to walk and see the world. Its so amazing to be able to see your child's personality already. I'm not worried about him, Gabe is very strong minded and goes for what he wants so I know the future is his. As a mom though, its so tough knowing that he'll want to leave and do bigger and better things. I want to just hold onto him forever.
At this stage Gabe is crawling all over the place. He just learned to climb the stairs which was exciting - but scary. He doesn't know how to go down quite yet. He's eating A LOT - he's still on his rice cereal and his baby food. I haven't taken the jump to feeding him from my plate yet. Maybe in a month or so. He's copying us more and more. His new tricks of the week are clapping his hands and pointing to the light in the room. He's such a smiley baby. He smiles and laughs all the time. I'm calling it now - he's going to be such a flirt. Again, I'm not happy about this. lol. He's got 4 teeth now. 2 on the bottom and 2 on top. His grin is absolutely adorable.
He is at the stage where stranger anxiety is kicking in. I have to admit, i like it when he looks for me. hehehe. But of course, its also tough leaving him.
We're still teaching him sign language. He hasn't fully grasped it yet, but i think now that he's mimicking us a little more, he might understand sign language soon.
Gabe's sleeping has gotten a lot better. He sleeps through the night now. My only regret is he still needs a bottle before he sleeps. I have a feeling weaning him off will be an issue. We'll see. I'll save that for another post when the time comes.
My favorite toy for him at this point is this little gumball machine toy from fischer price. I got it for him from a garage sale awhile back. It spits out little plastic balls when you press the lever down. Gabe pressed the lever once by accident and ever since then he knew how to play with it. I guess it just amazes me how babies can now comprehend cause and effect, and how they now have minds of their own.
I could watch him for hours, watching what he does, how he does it, why he does it. I'm so lucky to be able to work from home and share all his firsts with him.
To my baby Gabe, you are such a joy to your daddy and I. You amaze us everyday. We love you. mwah.

1 comment:

  1. That picture of Gabe looking back with that sweet smile on his face is too precious for words...HI GABE!

    ReplyDelete