Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pieces of New York

Last time I came home to NJ, i reserved a lot of my time for family. Mainly because both of my sisters were here and we're never ALL together at the same time. This trip, I made it a point to catch up with a lot friends i haven't seen in awhile. This week, I spent a whole day in NYC and caught up with friends and colleagues of my past. It was a great day to say the least. Amidst a long, snow-filled winter, my day in the city was sunny, bright and 65 degrees. Who could ask for anything more? I roamed the city streets at my own pace, walking in and out of shops along 8th Ave. I sat down at a corner Starbucks and drank my tall caramel macchiato while sitting along the window facing ledge - people watching.

I had a great lunch catching up with my girlfriend who i haven't seen in literally 4 years. we wandered through the brick walled building of Chelsea Market. Imagine stalls of various foods, fresh cut flowers for sale, stores selling cute knick knacks, organic stores selling home made jams and honey.
My next stop was Billy's an adorable, small bakery with CUPCAKES!!
After sharing a cupcake and taking a little coffee break with one of my fab friends we started our trek to soho.
Along our walk we couldn't help but stare at the Catherine Malandrino window. We couldn't resist the temptation and we walked inside. Beautiful clothing, beautiful designs, hefty pricetag....
We stopped my the Marc Jacobs store - loved all their accessories, their bags, jewelry, rainboots. Right across the way was BookMarc - their bookstore. This was my heaven. As much as I love accessories, i don't know why, but nothing is as beautiful as a large, colorful, coffee table book. This store had everything from The Louis Vuitton book, the YSL book, everything for all the major designers. I want!! My only problem now is, since Gabe can reach on top of the coffee table, he has access to all my books, so i'm going to have to temporarily put them away. So for now, no new books for me :(
I loved visting Tommy, Zara, Forever21, Intermix, Apple, as well as small indie boutiques. After basking in the sun, walking, and shopping in the west village and soho, i ended my day eating falafels and baklava in the park benches of Washington Square Park, by NYU.

I love my friends, I love my life. Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment