Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fuschia Fashion

Revlon Lipstick in "Fuschia"


Ok, so i am a drama queen. And I do like dramatic looks and fashion trends that sometimes people don't get. I REALLY
like the look of a rich lip color. I love pin up girl red lips, i
love deep coral lips for this spring, and I especially love the color fuschia. I think i'm leaning towards fuschia just because its a universally flattering color. Since I'm darker toned, I usually have a tougher time picking out lipstick colors. But i really want to take the plunge this spring from my normal glossy nude lips. I just bought Revlon's lipstick in "fuschia." I couldn't resist the chanel looking quilted pattern on this tube.

I know that pulling off rich lip colors like this is tough so here are a few tricks i found online. I also found some fab pictures of celebrities sporting pink pouts. Enjoy!

How to rock fuschia lips and look good!

1) Always start with a heavily exfoliated lip, make sure to add a lip moisturizer as a base after exfoliating.



2) Line your lips, for bright colors such as fuschia, precious is key so lining your lips is necessary, for even more precision, apply lipstick with a lipstick brush. Start from the center of your mouth and work your way to the outer corners.3) Since this color is so dramatic, keep the rest of your face neutral and fresh, do not use heavy eye makeup. Also, keep your outfit subdued. You really want your lips to be the main event.4) if you're like me and are used
to glossy lips, this matte look might be too much of a shock for you, so to ease the transition, you can apply a sheer gloss over this lipstick. Please note that this color on the runway is portrayed as matte and hardly ever glossy, but for us com
mon people who don't walk the runway on a daily basis, a gloss would be fine. A makeup artist i spoke to suggested looking at lustre lipsticks which have a lot of shine to ease the change from gloss to lipsticks.






info found from:

No comments:

Post a Comment