Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Celebrating Gabriel

On September 19, 2010 Gabe received the Sacrament of Baptism at St. Thomas More Church here in Atlanta, GA. Wil and I were so happy to have him baptized at that church. Its such an inviting community with great pastors and we couldn't be happier. 30 of our close friends flew into town to celebrate with us. Friends and family came in from New Jersey/New York/Minneapolis to be with us. It was a blast! Its always fun when my NJ friends mesh with my MN friends. Plus it was fun for everyone to finally meet our baby boy.
Just like we did it in Aruba, we tried to make it a weekend long celebration.

On Saturday, Sept 18 - we had a welcome dinner at our favorite local Italian restaurant - Anthony's.

On Sunday, Sept 19 - we had th Baptism and a beautiful outdoor reception at Park Tavern near Piedmont Park here in Atlanta.

On Monday, Sept 20 - we had a goodbye brunch here at our home before everyone took off for home

Here are some bits and pieces from Gabe's big celebration. A lot of TLC went into this party with a lot of Do-It-Yourself (DIY) party ideas.

(Gabriel in a vintage christening gown from his godfather - RG. RG wore this at his own christening 30 years ago)

(Gabe getting baptized by Father Brian at St. Thomas More Church in Avondale Estates. Godparents Gail and RG were there to witness it)

(All of our family and friends who flew in for the occasion sqeezed into a big family shot)

(The celebrant at his baptism reception after a long nap. Gabe is wearing a Gap button down shirt with Burberry shorts)

(Our table setting in the outdoor patio at Park Tavern in Atlanta, GA)

(Beautiful DIY centerpieces, Blue and white ceramic vases from Home Goods, fresh blue hydrangeas from Dekalb Farmers Market)(White cutout vases from Home Gooods)(Our lil family :) I'm wearing an H&M dress, Fioni shoes, and a David Yurman cocktail ring. Wil's wearing a DKNY pinstripe suit with a Burberry tie, Kenneth Cole shoes. Gabe is wearing a Gap button down with Burberry shorts)(DIY cupcake stand that i created with a crystal cross on top. Cupcakes from Atlanta Cupcake Factory - 2 flavors - Red Velvet with Almond frosting and Sugar Cookie Caramel Cupcakes. SOOO good. )(My family pic: Jim -Gail's boyfriend, my middle sister Gail, my dad, my mom holding Gabe, my youngest sister Christine, her husband Eddie, me, and my love Wil)(Favors were handmade rosary bracelets courtesy of Designs by K Cayetano. I loved that i was able to make something meaningful and special for our guests) (The handmade rosary bracelets were blessed and placed in sheer pouches with personalized ribbons as favors for all of our guests at Gabe's baptism)





2 comments:

  1. Awwww....how amazing! I love the pictures!

    And don't you just love the Dekalb Famer's market? I wish that place was closer to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Burberry shorts on Gabe! I'm sad I missed out;( Miss ya friend *hugs*kisses*fart* lol.

    ReplyDelete