Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Book Report


I just finished a wonderful light read called, "Hope in a Jar" by Beth Harbison. I've been itching to read since its been a while since I've had the time to do it. I've been looking for suggestions on light reading because i just don't have the mental capacity and energy at this point to concentrate on anything too deep. So I came across this novel and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Its about 2 girlfriends who have been friends since they were in diapers, they have a falling out and reunite at their 20 year class reunion. One of the girls was losing hope because her life wasn't how she planned it to be. Of course she visits the Sephora counter and gets some Hope in a Jar to boost her self esteem.
Anyway, I think i liked the book not necessarily for the plot but more so for the nostalgia the book brought on. They mentioned a lot of beauty products in this book that brought back such great memories of my childhood. Remember Love's Baby Soft? Remember Smackers Chapstick in all the different flavors - Coke, watermelon, etc.... It brought me back to my gradeschool days with Lee presson nails, Scrunchies, LA Gear sneakers with hot pink laces, Swatch watches, Z Cavaricci pants, Banana clips, Best friend necklaces, jogging/tracksuits, mood rings, spiral perms.
That time definitely consists of a LOT of blackmail pics.
Ahhhh, the good ole days - can't wait to tell Gabe stories of life way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment