Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Exotic Inspirations

I've been on a decorating kick these past few weeks -partly because I went to a fab party in a gorgeous NYC condo and it totally inspired me to kick my decor up a notch.

I don't want to do anything too drastic since i'm still renting but when i go back to my house i really want to infuse some serious exotic influences. Right now, i'm really inspired by Morracan blues and lapis's. I love the intricate details of tiled walls, jewel toned colors, and gorgeous mirrors. Although I've always loved this look, it hit me headstrong this week when i saw an episode of "Divine Design" on the HGTV channel. A couple wanted to renovate their drab patio and the end result was amazing. It went from being a room covered in dark brown wood from floor to celing to being a great lounge area with comfy seating, lots of plush, luxe looking pillows, gorgeous Turkish looking lamps and lanterns, blue tiles on the steps, etc.


I also saw my share of Arabian nights styles in the new "Sex and the City 2" movie that just came out on DVD. Picture ladies in silk flowing fabrics and turbans riding camels into the desert. Well it looked fab but i'm sure its not realistic. Anyway, enjoy these Moraccan inspirations.










No comments:

Post a Comment