Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, November 27, 2010

So Thankful

Sorry for the lack of posts - Mr. Gabe and I were sick with the flu! What a horrible feeling. I haven't had the flu in a long time - a cold, yes, the flu, no. It wouldn't have been so bad if i just had a simple cold but taking care of a baby when you're feeling naseuous, achy, and tired is not fun - especially a sick baby. There was nothing we could really do but rest it out and drink lots of fluids. Luckily, we're A LOT better. So i learned with adults the flu bug lasts only about 24 hours but with baby's, it can last from 3-5 days. I'm fine now and Mr. Gabe is about 90% better. yey! Wil and I have been waiting for him to feel better for awhile! He had a cold for a few weeks and he just ended his flu bug. I'm hoping these boosted up his immune system. we'll see.

Anyway, we were able to celebrate our first thanksgiving as a family. It was so nice having the 3 of us together to start our own traditions. It was nice and quiet. We had Christmas music on, Wil played with the baby, I wrapped Christmas presents and cooked a nice dinner.


I haven't conquered the turkey yet so i was going to bake some cornish hens for us. I even got Gabe some sweet potato to try as his first baby food :) But since he was still under the weather, I held off. Anyway, Wil's not a big fan of thanksgiving food (neither am I) and so we had a Thai Thanksgiving. I cooked thai basil beef and chicken pad thai. Yum - it was soooo good.


This thanksgiving was also special because Wil and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. I can NOT believe its been 4 years since our wedding in Aruba. I still remember it like it was yesterday. It was a vacation for everyone - including us.


This year I'm so thankful for everything in my life. I know how lucky I am. I have an amazing husband who would do anything to give me the world. I have wonderful friends and family. We're so lucky my husband has a job that allows us to see the world. And the best part, is our adorable son - Gabriel. We've been waiting so long for him to come into our lives. And its still so surreal that he's finally here. Our lives are finally complete.
Hope you all had a wonderful and special thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment