Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Maternity Bras



Maternity bras are so crucial to our comfort postpartum. Regular bras are important as is for our posture, for the way our girls look under our tops, and for our own self confidence - whether we use push up bras to enhance what little we have, or to cover our babies up so they don't come popping out. These same reasons hold true with maternity bras - and then some.

I had no idea what kind of bra to get so i figured a safe place to buy them for a good deal would be from the Maidenform Outlet in Jersey Gardens, NJ. I bought 2 bras -a white and a beige colored one. Boy are they ghastly. They're cotton and oh so boring. Now, I'm a lacey bra kind of girl so these bras were not my cup of tea. But i knew i would need them so i bought them. I think i spent about $30 on each of them. Trust me, i would've rather put that money towards a nice Victoria's Secret bra....

Recently, I saw that Target had maternity bras as well - for $12 each so I bought 2 more - a black one and a beige one. These had a feeble attempt at looking feminine with a lace trim on the back strap- but they were still pretty grandma-ish.

Now for those of you entering mommyhood, don't waste your money - go straight for the target bras. The bras i bought from Maidenform were garbage. I've had them for 2 months and the underwire is already popping out from the fabric. The seams are coming loose as well. For a brand and a store that's made specific for intimate apparel, I'm so disappointed.

Go with the tried and true, Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment