Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, July 9, 2010

The most wonderful time of the year

It may not be December 25th, but it feels like Christmas to me. I look forward to the end of June/early July every year because of the HUGE sale at one my favorite stores, Zara.

Zara's accessories and clothing can be described as affordable trendy clothing with great quality basics. I was so bummed when they didn't have a Zara store in Minneapolis but luckily, there are a few here in Atlanta :)

I picked up a belted shirt dress for only $19 from their basic collection. I ended up getting it in two colors. I realized that i have a tendency to do this. I ALWAYS buy 2 of the same thing, i don't know if its my indecisiveness or my nature to take advantage of a good deal. I got it in a baby pink and in white. This dress is perfect for a new momma for many reasons. First -it looks classy. As Nina Garcia says, a white button up shirt should always be a staple in your wardrobe. But the real reason is - structured pieces like these dresses enhance your figure. The looseness of the dress covers up my little pouch. But the faux leather belt accents the waist to show off my figure.

So many people buy empire waist dresses/tops or loose fitting pieces thinking it will hide their flaws -but they are soo wrong.


I love these basic pieces b/c they can be dressed up and accessorized so many ways. Here are a few of my necklace designs from my line, Designs by K Cayetano, that i would pair with these dresses:
Spring/Summer 2010
"The Magnolia necklace"
Fall/Winter 2009 "The Lexington knotted necklace"
**My favorite necklace of all my designs**

Summer 2009
"The Kaleidoscope necklace"
I love the pop color of turquoise in the summer.
It looks great against a sun kissed tan.

These dresses are cute with flat sandals in the summer. In the fall, or cooler months i'd wear these with black leggings and cute heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment