Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, January 24, 2011

Be-dazzled



I'm sure Jennifer Lopez is one of the biggest trending topics at the moment. The new season of American Idol just started this week and Lopez looks stunning to say the least. Her skin is flawless, her hair impeccable, and I want every outfit she wore during the show. Honestly, I've lost interest in this popular show years back, but I did watch it to see her as a judge. I've always loved her glam look. She didn't disappoint in her 2011 Golden Globes look. She wore a beautiful dress by designer Zuhair Murad. Many fashion stylists are criticizing her saying her rhinestone clad cape looked frumpy and that other than the cape her dress looked cheap. I personally loved it.
I would wear that cape with a simple corset, skinny jeans, and louboutin heels for a date night out.
I found a great article from one my favorite blogs:
From
http://psimadethis.com/

Being that i'm a DIY person, this was perfect to help create my look.
Here's an excerpt:
"To create your own version of the caplet, use one yard of sheer silk chiffon, rhinestones or sequins, Gem Tac glue, and a sharp pair of fabric scissors. Round off 2 opposing corners to achieve a lovely draping. Measure the length in between your shoulders and mark on the fabric for cutting. Use scissors to create a slit for the neckline. Before gluing your choice of sparkle, line the underneath surface with waxed freezer paper to keep from gluing down to the surface. After sparkles are glued, wait until it’s completely dry to wear. Get creative with your embellishments! Style your caplet over any dress and PS- you will impress!"

(photo from psimadethis blog)

Outfit idea for Valentine's day dinner? Maybe :)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I so wish I were crafty enough to make something like that. I'd get one minute with the glue and sequins and it'd be all over.

    -Mary
    www.artofwore.com

    ReplyDelete