Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Eye Appeal

I'm not very adventurous when it comes to my eye shadow color. I find ones i like and I usually stick to it everday. Especially being a mom, you have a timeframe of like 5 minutes to do your makeup. My version of smokey eye or night makeup is the same as my day makeup but darker.


I saw a beautiful palette at Sephora by Urban Decay, called the Naked palette - its a collection of 12 gorgeous neutral colors that are anything but basic. After walking around the store and finally deciding to make the splurge, i realized that they were all out. Don't you hate that - when you see the sample but then realize all the stock in the back of it is gone. So everytime i would go to Sephora/Ulta/makeup stores i would look for this palette and it was always empty! Of course the more i couldn't find it, the more i wanted it. The cherry on top was a sign I saw around the holidays where it said something to to effect of, "sorry, we're working as fast as we can to produce more of this popular palette." aggghhh - i needed it!!!!


Well, ta-da! My girlfriend found a small stash of them at an Ulta near her - they just got the shipment in and the salepeople were even saying they couldn't keep them on the shelves. She grabbed one for me and here it is!!! (Thanks Ann!)


Urban Decay - Naked Palette $44

How could you go wrong with these colors? i love the champagnes/taupes/browns/blacks/smokey grey. So perfect for a tan skin tone. ;)

PS - you even get eyeliner and concealer as an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment