Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Serendipity



Serendipity - by definition from http://www.thefreedictionary.com/


1. The faculty of making fortunate discoveries by accident.
2. The fact or occurrence of such discoveries.
3. An instance of making such a discovery.


Life is all about making discoveries. Going down different paths of life opens doors for different opportunities. I completely believe that everything happens for a reason. Circumstances and situations push us to go down certain paths and towards a certain destiny. Its up to you to find happiness in that destiny. Don't take anything for granted. Appreciate life and where its brought you.


I'm so fortunate to be where I am today. Of course, I have a supporting family with a beautiful baby boy. I have so many friends in different states that I never thought I would meet had i not moved around a bit. It always bring me joy to see my different groups of friends together.


One of my fondest memories was from March 2009. My closest girlfriends from Minneapolis came to visit NYC so I could show them around for a few days. Not only did I play tourist with them, but my closest friends from NJ came too! It was such a blast. The weather, although gloomy, was surprisingly warm and we had so much fun wandering the streets of midtown, enjoying the hustle and bustle of the city. There's an energy within those streets that you cannot find anywhere else in the world. I remember passing through Rockerfeller Center, Radio City, St. Patricks Cathedral, Tiffany's on 5th, Magnolia's Cupcakes, Central Park...so many great landmarks all shared with many great friends.



As much as I had fun, i didn't truly appreciate it until we were all sitting in the famous Serendipity cafe. There they all were, friends from different states, in my favorite city in the world, all laughing, bonding, having fun all while sharing their famous "Frozen Hot Chocolate." I literally took a step back to soak it in. I was lucky, I am lucky.


Well, although i'm faraway in Atlanta, yesterday, i was able to recreate a piece of that in my mind. I took my first spoonful of Starbucks "Signature frozen hot chocolate." It was divine to say the least. I'm happy :)



3 comments:

  1. yay! I'm so glad you got to try it! That ice cream will always hold special memories for me getting me through the week after my wisdom teeth came out lol. I might need to get more now...delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Publix here I come tomorrow in search of this!! Thanks for sharing!!! FAMILY, FRIENDS, FUN, creating memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely and delicious post, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete