Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oh Henri




It has been a LONG time since I've gone shopping with a girlfriend.
Nowadays if I do go to the mall, its a very superficial trip. Instead of scouring the racks and meticulously looking through each aisle, its just picking the stores that have enough space to push a stroller through. That's if I'm lucky. Normally, its just me running in and out of the mall to get what i have to get - no more perusing.


You can imagine how happy i was to go to the mall with my friend and stylist, Alba, last month. It was meant to be a quick trip to return something but there was no way in hell i was going to pass this opportunity up to shop around like a normal girl with no stroller in towe.


We walked past a store - i literally did a double take and insisted we go inside. It was a Henri Bendel Store. Oh my God. Its a candy store for the accessory junkie - and their marketing team knows it too. The shelves on the side walls have large clear vases full of colorful round lollipops, spiral lollipops.... Of course that's not what i was in there for. Imagine colorful tables, shelves, displays of posh looking passport covers, beautiful clutches with gold clasps, adorable journals, enameled bangles, chandelier earrings, make up cases, handbags, and my love...scarves.


The combination of the white and brown stripes that the designer is known for, along with the colorful pop art was hypnotizing.



As much as I'd take everything in that store home with me, if I had to choose one item, it would probably be one of their artsy scarves. I love scarves - of course I don't have an hermes one yet, but I'll take a Henri Bendel one anyday.


Here are some of my favorites - don't you just adore them?? They can all be found on the Henri Bendel website. www.henribendel.com
'Runway Girl Scarf" $125"Bendel Bow Print Scarf" $98 (with their signature stripe)"Girl Takes Off" Limited Edition Scarf $125

"Lady with Bow Scarf" $125

2 comments:

  1. I love that Take Off scarf...headed to the site now. Thanks, can't believe I've never even heard of this before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg, Karen. I'm about to write a blog on Bendels too :) I love Bendels! Just got an e-mail the other day about their Valentine's accessories.

    xo Annie

    ReplyDelete