Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, March 18, 2010

An American in Paris

As I worked on invites for my sister's wedding shower and finished up thank you cards for my baby showers, I watched the Gene Kelly Classic, "An American in Paris."


Although the story line was ok, and the Parisian sets were clearly fabricated Hollywood, I still loved watching this movie. I've always had an affinity for musicals-especially ones from Gene Kelly's era - I just feel like the actors were more well rounded with their ability to act, sing, dance, all of the above.




I still loved the French setting it tried to depict with the corner street flower markets, mini cafes,etc. I might still be on my high from Montreal which is why this movie hit the spot this week. Life just seems so simple in France. All you want to do is sit at a cafe, street side, under an amber awning, drinking your cappucino and eating your chocolate croissant, or maccaroons if you really have a sweet tooth that day, with baby in his stroller alongside you, staring happily at the people who pass by, and with Sushi bear sitting with her leash anxiously waiting for crumbs to fall on the ground. Of course the hubby is there, but he's going for a jog along the Champes Elysees.

As I was looking for pics for this blog - i came across this great pic of a vintage Parisian postcard from vintagesmith.com.





Doesnt it just take you back to the 50's to Gene Kelly's days?

Here are some fabulous pics of Blake Lively for Vanity Fair with their own version of "An American in paris." The dresses and the background are just stunning.


The picture above has Lively in a 33 pound swarovski crystal encrusted satin gown by Dior.
This vision of Lively in tulle, is a Atelier Versace creation.
Magnifique!!!!
On another note, I decided to sign up for a prenatal yoga class today. I've been wanting to do it, but i've always been away on the weekends. Plus i've been very conscious of my weight gain - i'm obviously going over what the "normal" weight gain is. I'm hoping it will boost my confidence, help with baby's health, and maybe even intruduce me to some people in the area. I do have to admit it did strike a chord with me this week when i went in for my 29 week check up with the doctor. I had an ultrasound and their guestimate of the baby's weight was 3.5 lbs...... every book/website i've read for 29 weeks says your baby should be about 2.5 lbs....yikes!! i asked the doctor if this was normal. And he said he wasn't worried. I am!! i'm the one delivering him!!!!!
Anyway, i'll tell you more about my first yoga experience after my class on Saturday. wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment