Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Peeps



In honor of this being Easter week, I decided to entitle this post "peeps." As you know, I've referenced my feet as marshmellow feet, or "peeps." Let me say that at 31 weeks, this has gotten worse. I don't know if it was the plane ride to NJ, or maybe the food i've been eating here, or just the timing of my pregnancy and my hormones, but it has gotten pretty bad, i might even have cankles...yes, THE dreaded word. The swelling even affected my fingers. Its so bad that my ring is still stuck on my finger.

Since my NJ baby shower was this weekend, i decided to put my engagement ring on, along with my wedding ring (i wanted it in my pics.) Big mistake. My fingers swelled up like a balloon and for like 3 days i couldn't take my wedding ring off, keep in mind this is the bigger of the two. Wil and I did some research on Ehow.com (ooh - baby says hi, he just kicked as i write this post.) Anyway, the site had a few different tips on how to remove a ring from a swollen finger. I tried a few different tactics but the one that worked for me was:

Submerge your ringer in cold/ice water, then hold it above your head for like 10 min (has to be above your heart) - i assume this is supposed to help with the swelling. Then it suggested i use windex as a lube to help slide the ring off. Once i read amonia on the bottle -i said forget it. i didn't want to risk being around that during my pregnancy so i used cooking oil instead. After tugging and wiggling the ring around, it finally came off. i was so happy because my finger was turning blue from having it stuck at my knuckle area. So as of now, its one ring down, one to go. I couldn't go through the pain again of trying to take off my engagement ring. my finger was so sore already. I was hoping that the swelling would've gone down by now so i wouldn't have to go through the same motions for the last ring, but hasn't happened yet. I'll have to keep you posted on this...wish me luck. I don't want to have to get the ring cut off, that would be a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment