Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, April 1, 2010

MAC Haul




Yikes!!! I did a major MAC haul! See? I should've just fed my makeup craving right away instead of pregaming at CVS first last week!

As you know, I've been having the itch to buy makeup. I wanted to avoid MAC to save some money, but honestly, as i thought about it more and more, i figured i'd save in the long run by going there directly and working with a beauty consultant on getting the right products right away instead of trying, buying, and hating products from the grocery store. I really don't buy makeup often so i wanted to get it right.

I went to the MAC store at the Short Hills Mall in NJ since I was here for my baby shower. I worked with Enigma who was awesome. She was amazing. I basically told her my purpose there was to get some kind of overall coverage for my face - particularly my cheeks since they get really dry and red. Although i went there for this sole purpose, i made out with the following MAC items:




Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation NC42 - a light creme base foundation that comes in a round compact shape. I love the creaminess of this product - perfect for my dry skin



















190 Brush to apply the foundation, i know i know - i probably could've saved and gotten a similar brush somewhere else (like elf or sonia kushik) but honestly, its getting tougher and tougher for me to shop and do errands so i just saved myself the hassle and got it




















Satin Powder Blush in FLeur Power - i wanted Enigma to show me how to use blush without erasing the foundation i just put on my face. i didn't want to just cover up the redness on my cheeks only to make my cheeks red again with the blush....















Frost creme color base in Hush - this is by far my most favorite product - i asked enigma how to get that dewy look that celebrities have right above their cheek bone and she suggested this product. she applied it above my cheek bones, above the blush i just applied, she put a dab down the center of my nose, right underneath the center of my bottom lip, and then .along the top of my eye brows. It definitelybrightened my face. I recommend this product for sure















Dazzleglass lipgloss in Steppin Out - love this color, its a glittery pink color that i would've NEVER picked out and tried on me and i love it. I'm up to 3 MAC glosses now, yey. My first 2 are Beaux which is a neutral, almost, copper color and Oversexed which is a light red color that just gives my lips a tinge of red color. So, i'm happy to add pink to my collection.
















Eye shadow pot in woodwinked - and finally, i asked for a suggestion for an everyday eye color and Enigma suggested this color for the lower lid and shroom for the top (this i had already - so technically i saved a little bit :) )




















I can't even explain how happy i am with this purchase. I even had the urge to go back to MAC yesterday and get another lipgloss, but i held myself back. This has to satisfy my craving for awhile - at least a month - i hope.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely interested in checking out the highlighting "Hush" creme color base now.

    Love your purchase! You look great!

    ReplyDelete