Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, April 10, 2010

A pregnant girl's best friends

Being pregnant is absolutely the best feeling. Waking up every morning knowing there is a miracle growing inside me - especially after all the heartache of trying for so long. Although i've always been in bliss with this pregnancy, i was reminded just how much it means to me, when a good friend of mine, who was having a hard time conceiving found out she was pregnant!!!!!!! What a gift to be able to go through this.

That being said, there are still some necessities to make the pregnancy more "bareable." No matter how happy we are, there are some not so nice changes that happen to our body that affect our emotions, our esteem, our well-being. This is my list of "can't live without" during my pregnancy
-Cocoa Butter - i religiously rub this on my belly, i do think i started too late because i do have stretch marks, but now, i'm obsessed. i almost feel like if i don't put it on, the stretch marks will spread all over and i don't want to risk that.

- body pillow -your new boyfriend - your husband would probably get jealous of this pillow, Its a full length body pillow that you can rest your head on while keeping in between your knees, when your belly gets biggers you can rest it on the pillow. I love it. My only complaint is that i would get a firmer version, but i think its just a matter of personal preference. Nowadays, i really do prefer cuddling with the pillow than my hubby. lol. The version i got was from Target called the Boppy Total Body pillow. I think wil bought this for me like the week i found out i was pregnant. Another version that i've heard great reviews about is the Snoogle.
















- mascara - even if you have no energy to put any makeup on, this is the one thing i would suggest using. mascara really opens up your eyes and brightens up your face. I use DiorShow lengthening mascara. I put a poll on facebook on mascaras people recommend and i got the most comments about this. I can't complain. i like it.






- belly band - this is a band made of stretchy fabric that you put around your waist. its great for that in between stage when you're too small for maternity pants but too big to button up your regular jeans/pants. i love it moreso because i've been using this throughout most of my pregnancy. Sometimes, it just feels nice having the support on my belly and back instead of feeling like my belly is just hanging around. I also use it as a tubetop under some of my maxi dresses or sweaters for extra support with my boobs and belly. I got 2 of these, one in white and one in black from Target.








- highlighting makeup for the glowing pregnancy look - your face is a biggest asset at this point, its the only part of my body that i can count on not changing too much. I use a creme highlighter from Mac in Hush.

1 comment:

  1. Great tips! I too religiously put on cocoa butter every day. Do you have the butter/creme kind in a jar? Or the pregnancy spray oil kind?

    I put on eyeliner every day.

    I have to check out that highlighting makeup that you mentioned.

    I also have the belly band from Target. It's been helping me so far. But sometimes I get conscious that it's not covering my jeans/pants well that my zippers are peeking out of it. lol...

    ReplyDelete