Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, April 23, 2010

Trump Card



I'm finishing up reading, "The Trump Card" By Ivanka Trump. (What a relief because I'm so ready to tackle my new books.) Ever since i've seen her on "the apprentice" - i've loved her presence. Ivanka has this demeanor of being so classy, very Grace Kelly-ish -as if she should be a princess or some sort of royalty. Granted, I really only see her on the show, but she gives off the impression that she wears sheath dresses to bed and wakes up in the morning looking perfect. I like her because she's smart. She's not only beautiful, but she has brains to back herself up. She holds a high ranking in her father's business which you can just tell she had to earn. She has her own jewelry line. And Donald Trump is her dad. How can she not be smart. So when i heard she had a book coming out, it was the first thing on my christmas list.


Although i like the book, i found it to be a little slow. It might be because my mindset is not really in business mode right now, but baby mode. I still enjoyed it though. She explains how she realizes many doors were opened for her because of who she was, but she also explained that she had to work twice as hard b/c of that very same reason. I can see that. I love how her parents gave her the independence to make her own decisions, but they were able to instill their way of thinking and their values in her from a young age so she was able to make the right choices, despite that independence.
The one thing i took away from the book, is something i knew already, it just reaffirmed that what i was doing was right. Ivanka mentioned that if she read an article about someone she looked up to, someone she could learn from, or just someone she wanted to meet, she would send them a personal letter telling them so and asking them to meet for coffee or something. This helped build her network - and its not for the purpose of networking but for the purpose of possibly making a friend -someone to add to her intelligence-base, her life lines. This is the same school of thought as the popular author, Keith Ferrazzi.
Anyway, onto my easy reading. I have too many things on my mind to read these kinds of books right now. I do recommend this book though for those self motivators!

No comments:

Post a Comment