Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, April 19, 2010

Love my Crew

I love Jcrew.

I always have. I'm such a cardigan, ruffle, ballet flats, pearls, tons of jewelry kind of girl.

I'll admit, years ago i used to think it was too preppy. But now, I don't know if its my age or what, but i always loooove their window displays. It definitely draws me into the store.

Here's JCrew's Spring 2010 spring collection from http://www.fabsugar.com/





What i love most is their jewelry - which sucks because I try not to wear any other jewelry but my designs - mainly because people are always asking me if I designed the piece that i'm wearing that day. And honestly - its kind of embarrassing when i say no. So i've been avoiding buying jewelry. But......





today, I went to the Lenox Square Mall in Buckhead for the first time. And granted I only had an hour to spend there, but i was in heaven. The minute I saw a David Yurman retail store, i knew i was literally in heaven. I have never seen a David Yurman retail store - yes, I've seen DY sections in Bloomingdales or Nordstrom, but its own store? Anyway, I didn't go in. I didn't want to tease myself and plus I didn't have the time.





So, back to where i left off. I did make my way to the Jcrew store. And my eyes beelined straight for the sparkly counter by the sale section. omg -necklaces galore. My first instinct was to look for their crystal necklace that looked similar to the necklace Anna Wintour was wearing in the September Issue. I loved how they made her outfit without making too much of a statement. She had it in every color.





So i found a pretty purple one in the sale section. But...i didn't like the dark gunmetal color for the metal. i really wanted a classy gold color. So, instead of just saving my money and not getting anything.....my eyes veered toward another eye catching style - the gold dogwood necklace. I bought it.... its like a guilty pleasure. i feel guilty but o how i love it so. I got this for $59 on sale.




But to justify it, i love these necklaces but could never pay these prices so in comparison, mine's a bargain.

This is the "SuperNova" and it retails for $98This is the "Carrington" and it retails for a whopping $295!!! I can dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment