Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baby Shower


Last weekend my mom, sisters, and friends in NJ threw me an amazing baby shower at the house. I was hoping to have some pictures to post which is why it took me so long to write this, but so far i don't have any. I just have a few that I wanted to share.




It was so nice seeing everyone and catching up with people. I do have to say, I hate being the celebrant b/c i feel like don't have enough time to hang out with everyone and i always worry whether people are having fun. But it was a great turnout.



My dad unfortunately was in the philippines but i know he was just as excited. Baby showers are his forte :) His thing are baby bottle favors with candy inside - of course that's what he prepared for the party -they came out great! He got personalized ribbons made. It was kind of funny they said, "Karen's baby" and i kept thinking, it definitely takes two to make a baby - but i know, the shower was for me.




My sister really wanted to display the favors nicely so we got this awesome 3 tiered silverset from HomeGoods (i looove this store.) The display was fab!!


While we were at HomeGoods, i found the best thing ever!!!!!! The world's roundest pig - i was so excited to get this for Wil - not for baby, for Wil - i just knew he would love it. In fact, he hand carried him on the plane back to Atl. Luckily the flight was empty so "baboy" (wil's name for him) had his own seat :)



Sorry, i look gross, i was so sweaty that day from doing errands with my sis. But i was wearing:
Banana republic creme long sweater
Zara miliary green tunic with emroidery on shoulders
Target Maternity skinny jeans that my mom bought for me at 8 weeks-they were a bit tight at this point....
Steve Madden gold ballet slippers (not pictured)
Louis Vuitton Bag

My mom did such a great job cooking and getting everything ready. I tried to help as much as I could, but i got tired so easily!!!


Eddie even helped make cupcakes, well he helped a lot more than that. Let's just say, he doesn't like being the Wil proxy. He gets stuck doing all the dirty work. lol. Wil was stuck in Atl for work.


My friends, Arch, Cheryl, and Joanne coordinated the games which were a hit.


My favorite part of the shower that was new to me, was included in the invites, was a little insert that read something like this:


A card is nice, its sentiment is sweet,
But a book will keep baby on his feet.
For years to come baby will read
Longing for stories will never be a need.
A shelf full of wisdom for all to give
For baby to keep as long as he shall live.
Filling the shelf should not be hard
If you would please sign a book instead of a card.


My sister came up with this and it was such an appropriate idea. I loved it. In fact, i've been reading baby books from these every night. I'll have to post a pic of the bookcase once its all set up :) Hopefully i'll be getting more pics of this shower and even the mn showers. As soon as I get them, i'll post them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment