Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 5, 2010

Spatopia

I have been looking forward to today for a few weeks now. I had an appointment to get a manicure and pedicure!!! Its so funny the things we take for granted . Back in my NYC days (makes me sound so old) i would get manicures and pedicures left and right during my lunch breaks. Then i would get them every few months and then all of sudden, i couldn't remember the last time i had one.



So finally, i decided to treat myself to a mini pampering break - mainly b/c i didn't want gross nails in my baby shower pics, but also because, as i've said before, its tough to feel fabulous when you're gaining all this weight and when you feel like you have a bowling ball in your tummy. So today was the day :) Every little thing helps your esteem - trust me.

Since we just moved here to Atlanta, i had no clue where to go. I know the Buckhead area is promising, but its a bit of a trek from home and i'm sure places there are pricey. So i decided to find a place in Avondale Estates which is the next town over from me with a cute boutiquey neighborhood feel. I found a place called Jazmin Spa. It has 3 locations in Atlanta so i figured it had to be good right?


I have to say i was very happy with the service - then again, i would've been happy with anything - i think. But really, the place was cute, everyone was nice, the OPI color selection was great. They even had a few Essie selections. I went in their thinking i would get a cherry red color . Now i'm not normally a "color" girl - i usually like the light pink/neutral color b/c it looks elegant and looks good with my skin color. My usual is Essie's "limo-scene." But today i envisioned getting cherry red - b/c Olivia Palermo rocks it and she's my fashion icon. As i thought of it more and more, i figured i didn't have the confidence for cherry red at the moment and i decided to go for a color that my good friend Richelle got me into, Opi's Barefoot in Barcelona.



I'm soo happy with the color - its a good happy medium between my normal light pink and my overly showy red. Its just such a big difference between when you do your own mani/pedi vs having it done professionally. It felt so relaxing to get a scrub AND a massage on both my hands and my feet. I even got the parafin treatment on my hands where they put the warm wax and kept it in warm gloves for a few minutes. Those little moments really do mean a lot at this stage when all you really feel are aches and pains all over.
And can i just make the disclaimer that Barefoot in Barcelona is the perfect name for this color - its like a neutral color that still makes a statement. Its the perfect color to have on your toes, walking around in the sand. So what if the sand is snow at this moment :) I can still dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment