Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Oscar glam

Its that time of year, the Oscars are coming up and all the entertainment news shows are hyping up what each celebrity will be wearing for the awards show, and whether they will be a hit a miss for this years top well-dressed. I honestly think their attire and "who" their wearing gets more publicity than the actual awards they're nominated for.


So, although i'm not attending the awards, just to keep myself feeling glam, i decided to put together an inspiration board of my outfit if I was attending this prestigious awards ceremony with my bump as my biggest accessory.

Here's my dress by ABS collection - this can be found in A Pea in the Pod. Its the sleeveless empire seam maternity dress. I love, love, love this dress. I love the color (Mink) - its a pale rose color, with rosettes lined along the asymetrical sleeve, in a feminine chiffon fabric. I love the romantic look. I found a long version of this style online-which is better suited for this event.


Of course, aside from the bump, we'll need some glam accessories. Statement and bling is what its all about this year. I am a true follower of David Yurman so its only fitting to pair his pieces with this beautiful dress.


This is my dream ring so i decided to find matching earrings to wear with the dress. The gemstone is a light green color called prasiolite, or sometimes referred to as green amethyst.

This is the ring i'm getting myself as as soon as i can save up for it. its the ring that i would wear ALL the time (i'm a big cocktail ring person). i can wear it for dressy occassions and i would totally wear it with a tee and jeans. So on those days when i have baby spit and food on my tee, i can still feel and look glam :)



Anyway, so, i'd wear this ring for the Oscars and here's the earrings I would pair with it:




I like the neutral color of the green amethyst, its light enough to wear with everything, and especially for this occasion, i love the contrast of this color against the mink dress.


For my hair and probably makeup, i'd have it resembe Jennifer Lopez on the day of her baby shower. Now there's a pregnant and fab mom!


So, that's my dream outfit in my attempt to keep myself feeling glam during this last trimester :)

No comments:

Post a Comment