Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Friday, March 19, 2010

CVS Haul

I recently went to town at my local CVS - i've just been on this makeup beauty kick. It might be from being surrounded by girls this past weekend in Montreal ,or maybe i just wanted something to make me feel better since most clothes weren't doing that. :P

i got a few items that i'm happy about that i figured i'd share with you. Just a disclaimer - i LOVE going to Mac and Sephora -but since i'm trying to cut back on my spending and save for baby, CVS was the best solution.
Here's a list of what i bought:



1) Loreal's bare naturale illuminator mineral powder in nude glow

So I hardly ever use anything on my skin - its more because of the fear of causing my cheeks to get irritated because they get pretty red as is, and its also b/c i have no clue if the color foundation i have makes me look like a clown with a white mask on. but as i look at pics, my skin looks so dull and i wanted some coverage that would add some glimmer and brightness to my overall complexion.


2) cover girl perfect point plus eyeliner in black onyx

I already have 2 sets of eyeliner that i use - liquid liner by Revlon because i like the staying power on my greasy lids and because i like the dramatic look. the other liner i have is a pencil, this is more for everyday when i know i would be too lazy to take off the liquid liner-its also fatter so its more of a softer look. I decided that i needed something in between, something that drew a defined line but wasn't so sharp like the liquid liner. I've also been adding eye liner to the bottom of my eyes for the past week and thought this liner would do the trick. I normally line the bottoms of my eyes when i dress up or for special occasions, but i don't know - like i said, i've been putting on more and more make up - maybe to make up for everything else.


3) CVS Advanced Eye lift dual formula eye cream (comparable to Loreal's Revitalift Double Eye lift

i'm 5 years late on this bandwagon. they say you should start using eye cream at 25 years old. and only now did i finally make the push to buy something. i had no idea what to get. but this one looked good and seemed to give me the most bang for my buck. Its for daily use and has 2 pumps, one is the anti wrinkle creme for under the eyes and the other is a re-tightening gel for the upper eyes.


4) Essence of beauty - eye shadow crease brush duo

i'm so bad, i've been using one brush and one brush alone to apply my eye make up....and its an angled brush. i know, i know. its like a sin in the beauty world so i finally bought a dome brush at the very least for my crease. I have yet to take it out of the packaging........Maybe i'll bust it out for my shower in nj this weekend. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment