Pages

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Bon Jour

I had an amazing time this weekend with my sisters and friends in Montreal for my little sister, Christine's bachelorette party. We chose this destination since it was driving distance for most people from NJ but still exotic enough to feel like we really were in Europe and not just across the border in Canada. Montreal is a beautiful city - great architecture, great shopping, tasty restaurants, great looking french Canadian men that probably look better because of their french accents - all perfect elements for a bachelorette party.

We stayed in downtown Montreal which is an ideal location if you don't want to spend too much money on cabs. Its central to their main shopping street called St. Catherine St as well as the Underground city, a network of underground tunnels that are home to fabulous eateries and shopping stores. Montreal's historic area is a 20 minute walk from downtown called, "Old Montreal." Normally i could handle this walk, but since i have a little person with me now, i had to cab it. Old Montreal is such a quaint part of the city with its cobblestone streets. Some of the shops included art galleries, souvenir shops, crepes restaurants, etc.



I found a little sign worth noting - one for my husband :)



And one for my son :)



The most famous landmark of this area is the Notre Dame Cathedral.



I had some of the most amazing food this weekend - but i feel like i'll need a whole post just for the food alone.

The ambiance of the city just complimented the great company. It was so nice to spend time with my sisters on a mini vacation, as well as with our friends. Its still unreal that Christine, my little sister is getting married! But hopefully she had a great time this weekend. My middle sister, Gail, did a great job with the planning.

Here are some pics of these fabulous girls. I love these "b*tches!!!!!!"




































No comments:

Post a Comment